Best Weight Loss Exercises – burn fat with just 2 moves!
The right exercises with the right amount of intensity makes all the difference in the world when it comes to making significant changes with your body. People get bogged down by all the possibilities and get overwhelmed with not knowing what to do. My advice is to keep it simple, learn the basics, and keep upping your intensity as your body acclimates to the stress. We are going to cover the best weight loss exercises and how to burn fat with just 2 moves. I also wrote 3 very simple but extremely effective workouts for you to try.
The best weight loss exercises have to fit the criteria; functional, compound, and high energy.
Watch the video and check out the workouts below for a highly efficient way to burn fat.
- Functional is a broad term thrown around in the fitness circle. It means movement patterns that rely directly to ever day life, such as running, jumping, pushing, pulling, picking things up, etc.
- Compound just means using more than one joint. Compound exercises have significantly more impact on metabolism, hormones, and muscle growth than isolation exercises.
- High energy out means you are expending a lot of calories!
In my experience the two best weight loss exercises are burpees and thrusters.
If I had to reduce my strength and conditioning training to two exercises it would be burpees and thrusters. Ugh, the thought of only doing those exercises forever is a nightmare but wow they are effective!
These moves are highly functional, multi-compound, and high energy output exercises. If you are familiar with them, you may hate them BUT they are well worth your efforts. Embrace the suck and do these exercises once per week!
The version of the thruster in the video is used with dumbbells. Although I do love using the bars, I am huge advocate for dumbbells too. They do an amazing job of building symmetry and stability of the muscles. Here are a few points of performance:
- Position DBs on your delts with your elbows up
- Feet shoulder width apart
- Drive hips back and the knees outward as you squat to full depth maintaining a tall neutral spine with the triceps parallel to the ground.
- Standup forcefully and punch your arms to full extension. You should finish with your arms fully locked out by your ears.
- Breathing: in as you go down, out as you go up.
The burpee is a high energy – full body exercise that works almost every muscle in your body. It is one of the best conditioning exercises there is. The burpee activates arms, chest, quads, glutes, hamstrings, and abs.
- Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart.
- Put your hands on the floor and sprawl your legs back so you end up with your stomach and thighs on the floor.
- Then press yourself up and pull your feet under your hips.
- Stand up and finish with a little jump.
These two moves are peanut butter and jelly. They are meant to be together. Here are a few workouts to try.
A. (21-15-9) with little to no rest
B. (chipper) with little to no rest
Run 1 mile
10 rounds :30 work and :30 rest (thats 5 intervals each)
minute 1. Max burpees
minute 2. Max thrusters
Pick weights that challenge you but manageable. If you are having to stop every couple of reps you went to heavy. If you are flying through the workout you went to light.
If you ask 10 different trainers what the best exercises for weight loss are, you would likely get 10 different exercises. While it is true, there are many that will help get the job done, they have to meet the 3 criteria mentioned above; Functional, Compound, and High Energy. Nothing hits all three better than the thrusters and burpees. If your goal is getting toned and dropping some pounds, why not do it as quickly and effectively as possible?
Thank you for reading! Try these workouts and let me know what you think. Hope this was helpful for you!
Let me know what you think about these exercises in the comment section.